Sunday, March 21, 2010

Laughter, The Best Malaysian

Sunday, March 21, 2010

‘Laughter, the Best Malaysian’ is a compilation of jokes put together by David Tong, an avid joker and laugher himself. Spanning over two hundred pages, it contains hundreds of jokes, all of which are classified in their respective genres.

I saw this book recently while I was at a Popular bookstore, and decided to buy it – the cover looked attractive enough and after having a quick glance through the book, I found it rather interesting.

The jokes in this book have a distinctive Malaysian feel to it. Not surprising since the writer is a Malaysian himself. He didn’t write or come up with most of the jokes – the jokes were already there and all he did was compile them. As he said, it had been a long-time desire of his to come up with something like this.

After having read this book, I would reckon you guys should go get it. To begin with, the jokes are short, so it makes for a good read after a long and tiresome day – to unwind and relax. Besides, the jokes aren’t discriminative in any which way. There aren’t any racially, sexually or politically motivated jokes.

I must concede however, that at times, I couldn’t get the hang of the jokes. They were just above my understanding I guess. Then, of course, there were some jokes that were simply lame – lame to the maximum that is! But still, on the overall, it is a well put-together book with refreshing jokes.

Now, just to share a light moment with you guys, I have chosen a few of the jokes from the book. Read ’em, have a laugh (or cry!) and tell me how are they. If you are impressed, then the best would be to go and purchase the book and read the whole thing for yourself! 

Take two

Mui Mui: Ah Loke says I am pretty. Ah Toh says I am ugly. What do you think?

Ah Meng: A bit of both. I think you are pretty ugly!

Herd of Cows

“Look at that bunch of cows.”

“Not bunch-lah! Herd of cows.”

“Heard what?”

“Herd of cows.”

“Sure I’ve heard of cows.”

“No! A cow herd.”

“Why should I care what a cow heard? I’ve got no secrets from cows.”

Three-ring Circus

They say marriage is a three-ring circus:

1) Engagement Ring

2) Wedding Ring

3) Suffering

Lameness

Boss: Why are you late for work?

Office assistant: I’m sorry boss. I tripped into a longkang and sprained my knee.

Boss: That’s a lame excuse!

Marketing Skills


You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, “I am very rich. Will you marry me?”

That’s Direct Marketing.

You are at a party with a group of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says, “He’s very rich. Marry him!”

That’s Advertising.

You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You approach her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say, “Hi, I’m very rich. Marry me!”

That’s Telemarketing.

You are at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie. You walk up to her and pour her a drink. You open the door for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a lift home and then say, “I’m very rich. Will you marry me?”

That’s Public Relations.

You are at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, “You’re very handsome and rich.”

That’s Brand Recognition.

You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, “I’m very rich. Marry me!” She gives you a nice hard slap on the face.

That’s Customer Feedback.

David Tong
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates